Surprise!…CAMWorks 2012 is here!…So what’s new?
So what is in the 2012 basket of new and good stuff?
Pin/Unpin Property Manager Pages…
Ease of managing tools for Mill/Mill-Turn…
1. Performance of Saving Files with Large Amount of Tool Paths. (They tested this with files containing more than 1.5 million toolpath moves, Ouch.)
2. Contain/Avoid Area Display. (One of my favorite tools, got a nice face lift.)
3. VoluMill Toolpath. (Update to VoluMill version 4.0. This is a must if you remove a lot of material.)
4. Improved Performance and Recognition in Mfg View. (CAMWorks does very well with Feature Recognition, and they keep on making it better.)
5. Z-level sorting of Recognized Features. (Feature Recognition will actually order the appropriate Z levels in a mill pocket.)
6. Turn Feature Definition. (Giving you the option for selecting traditional “Plane” selection or this new “Revolved” selection for turn profile.)
7. Turn Approach Move Control. (Provides the ability to define the turn approach moves as either rapid or feed motion.)
8. User Defined Turn Inserts. (User Defined Turn inserts can now also be used in Turn Rough, Groove Rough, Bore Rough and Face Rough operations in addition to the existing finish operations.)
Conclusion… One can assume that this list is going to be shorter compared to past years, as CAMWorks developers had their cycle shorten by months, and rightfully so. Now we might hope that a delicious Service Pack is intended in the beginning of 2012… Yes, as always we want more! :-).
One important thing to add is that CAMWorks is following SolidWorks by announcing 2012 also is going to be their last version supported by Windows XP.