5 SolidWorks Tips that may possible be helpful kick starting your 3D day.
1. You can step through the creation sequence of a part by clicking the Rollback bar in the FeatureManager design tree, then pressing the up and down arrow keys. To enable this function, select Tools, System Options, FeatureManager, and click Arrow Key Navigation.
2. You can change the orientation of all standard views for a part or assembly. In the View Orientation dialog box, click the name of the standard view that you want assigned to the current orientation, then click Update. The standard views are updated to reflect the new orientation.
3. You can see simple measurements of selected entities in the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. For more complex measurements, use the Measure command.
4. You can change the angle increment used when rotating a model with the arrow keys. Click Tools, Options, System Options, View, and specify the Arrow Keys value under View Rotation.
5. You can use mathematical and trigonometric operations, such as *,/,+,-, or sin(45deg) when entering a dimension value. You can also use parentheses to define the order of operations.